This article outlines the TEG's Radio Text based Emergency Alarm Integration
The TEG can receive a preset Motorola Text message in order to raise emergency alarms and events.
- An XPR 5000 series mobile radio connected to the TEG (this can be the existing Mobile radio that's being used for other TEG functionalities)
- The Mobile radio must have a unique ID
CPS Set up for Radios raising Emergency via Text message
- Under General / Text Messages, add a text message PANIC
- Under Contacts, under the proper radio network mode, add a contact of type 'PC' and give it the ID of the Mobile radio that's connected to the TEG. Name the Contact 'TELDIO'.
- Under General/Control Buttons, map the Long press of a button of your choice to 'One Touch Access 1'
- Then under the One Touch Access section, set the following
- Mode: Digital or Capacity Plus (to match your radio network type)
- Call: Select the 'TELDIO' contact
- Call Type: Select 'Text Message'
- Text Message: Select 'PANIC'
Teldio Edge Gateway Setup
- The Following steps provides an overview of how the Text based Emergency integration is set up on the TEG. For a more detailed guide, see the TEG Configuration Guide
- General Steps:
- Each Radio user that's raising an Emergency via Text message must be added as a Radio ID contact under 'People'
- Under Behaviors
- Set the Trigger Module as 'Teldio Events'
- Set the Trigger Event as 'emergency'